5 Tips to Get the Most out of your Localization PM
We asked a few of our localization PMs for advice on what lets them do their best job. With 2021 around the corner, we thought these tips might help you start the year on a strong note.
- Ensure everyone in the project understands and follows the expected communication procedures. This reduces time lost to miscommunication.
- Use one point of communication so you have a single source of truth that manages all stages of the project lifecycle: initial quotes and scoping, project completion, invoicing, and reporting. Nothing gets lost in emails, even when your PM is on holidays.
- If you’ve hired a company to help with your software localization, make sure they understand your needs and develop appropriate documentation so everyone is on the same page: define a customized process, use standard tools, develop and monitor KPIs, and have regular calls.
- Share the good news … and the bad. Project managers and their teams learn from feedback.
- Plan upcoming localization projects alongside your software releases. Your localization PM will have ample time to provide guidance and begin planning on their end, too.
Project Management at t’works
When we told some of our localization PMs that we wanted to share a few success tips with our customers, they were happy to help, because those are the kinds of people who work here. How can we help you with your next software localization project? You can visit our website for more information or contact us directly. We’d be happy to help.